Schütte Thomas - Architekturmodelle
2006 - 27 etchings - 27 x (76 x 56 cm)
Thomas Schütte (Oldenburg, November 16, 1954) is a German visual artist, who became known in 1992 with his work "Die Ankunft der Fremden" during documenta IX in Kassel.
Schütte studied at the art academy in Düsseldorf from 1973 to 1981 with Fritz Schwegler and Gerhard Richter. in his work he shows a surprising versatility in both the techniques used and in the design. He has made models, but also drawings, etchings and sometimes very large sculptures. After his breakthrough in 1992 with his work "Die Ankunft der Fremden" during documenta IX in Kassel, the 2005 Venice Biennale was another high point in his career. There he was awarded the prize for the best artist of the exhibition. At the end of 2007, a work by Schütte was chosen for the fourth pillar in Trafalgar Square in London. His bronze sculpture United Enemies was exhibited in New York's Central Park between March 5 and August 25, 2013.
Thomas Schütte lives and works in Düsseldorf.
* 2013 Thomas Schütte, a solo exhibition in Fondation Beyeler
* 2013 Prima Materia a group exhibition in Palazzo Grassi, François Pinault Foundation
* 2013 Glass Stress: White Light / White Heat a group exhibition in Palazzo Cavalli-Franchetti, Venice, part of the Venice Biennale
* 2012 Thomas Schütte: New Works a solo exhibition in the Frith Street Gallery
* 2012 Thomas Schütte: Faces & Figures a solo exhibition in the Serpentine Gallery, London
* 2012 Houses a solo exhibition in the NMNM, Monaco
* 2012 Frauen a solo exhibition in the Castello di Rivolli, Turin
* 2010 a solo exhibition in the Art and Exhibition Hall [source?], Bonn
* 2010 Hindsight, a solo exhibition at the Museo de Arte Renia Sofia, Madrid
* 2009 a solo exhibition in the Haus der Kunst, Munich
* 2007 - 2009 Fourth Plinth Commission, a solo exhibition at the National Gallery, London
* 2006 A solo exhibition in Museum De Pont, Tilburg
* 2005 Golden Lion Award, 51st Venice Biennale
* 2005 Political Works, a solo exhibition in the Museu de Arte Contemporanea, Museo Serralves, Porto
* 2000 Cabinet Overholland, a solo exhibition in the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam
* 1999 Gloria in Memoria, a solo exhibition at the DIA Center for the Arts II, New York
* 1999 In Media Res, a solo exhibition at the DIA Center for the Arts III, New York